If a cop asks for your hand in marriage, make sure you consider the benefits. Here’s why.
1. Who doesn’t love a man (or woman) in uniform?
2. An officer’s job is summed up with “To serve and protect.” Your fiancé will be looking out for the innocent and making citizens feel safe and secure.
3. You’ll be marrying someone who many consider to be a hero. You can be proud. Bonus: Mom and dad will be impressed, too.
4. Police officers are able to problem solve quickly and don’t freeze or panic in emergency situations. Your fiancé will be ready for almost anything.
5. Police officers know which questions to ask — and listen carefully to the answers. They also usually have pen and paper on hand. Very handy.
6. Police officers don’t shy away from confrontation; they deal with it.
7. Your friends may tease you about handcuffs and strip searches — and you probably won’t mind. (They’re just jealous.)
8. Your fiancé will know both the hidden gems and places to avoid in the neighborhoods he/she is assigned to.
9. To excel at the job, a police officer’s personal integrity is an important quality.
10. Your fiancé should be a good driver — and probably knows all the traffic laws (and loopholes) in the area.
11. Your fiancé is trying to make the world — or at least the neighborhood — a better place. Not too shabby for a career objective.
12. If you’re the independent sort, you’ll have plenty of that much-needed time to yourself.
13. Police officers have great work stories to share.
14. Kids look up to police officers. Your fiancé will likely help inspire the next generation of cops.
15. Police officers have partners on the job — and value loyal partners at home to support them, too.
These are just a few of the many reasons, so, Why else would you marry a cop?